Sanjay Gupta has held leadership roles across a range of companies including the Tata Group, Eicher – Mitsubishi, Pepsi and Motorola.
Sanjay joined American Express in 1996 and held business leadership roles globally. He was Chairperson of the company in India.
In 2011, Sanjay assumed the role of Chief Executive Officer at English Helper Inc. The company has implemented ‘RightToRead’ – technology-enabled English literacy in public schools across the world and has launched ‘EnglishBolo’ in India designed to help youth from low-income backgrounds to improve English speaking skill.
Sanjay is committed to the need for education to achieve a democratic vision. He writes regularly. He is engaged with the cause of children and youth as a Trustee at Udayan Care. He is on the Board of the School of Inspired Leadership, an Advisor for Acumen India and India Leaders for Social Sector.
Sanjay is guest faculty at Duke University’s Executive Education Program.
1. How is EnglishHelper using the power of language to transform lives in the remotest corners of the country?
2. How has your model evolved and further scaled in terms of going virtual and reaching multiple geographies?
3. What role does technology play in making your programs accessible and more interactive while retaining the core value addition for students and teachers alike?
4. Working with government schools across the country, what impediments do you feel are restricting the quality of education and how can we bridge this gap?
5. COVID-19 has brought to center self-motivated learning for students as a crucial aspect to keep learning going during unexpected times. How do your initiatives work along these lines to facilitate self-learning?
6. What are some future prospects that you are looking to explore to improve access, raise awareness, provide critical assessment and thereon improve overall education dissemination in the country?
The original article has been written and published by CSRBOX:
Click here for our innovative spoken English program – EnglishBolo™, a joint initiative of EnglishHelper and Schoolnet. To know more about EnglishBolo™ connect with us on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook.